The Regiment was originally formed at Woolwich in March 1900. After a period of service in both England and Ireland it sailed for France as part of 5th Division in August 1914. The Brigade took part in virtually every major battle on the Western Front during the four years of the Great War, including Mons, the Somme offensive of 1916 and Ypres. In Jubbulpore India in 1938 the Regiment was re-titled 28th Field Regiment RA, and was finally mechanised in September that year, when it exchanged its horses for rather ancient Albion lorries. It included 1st, 3rd, 5th and 57th Bty The original horse-drawn 18 pounders were refitted with small, solid wheels with pneumatic tyres.
In July 1943 the Regiment returned once again to India. It was re-titled 28th Jungle Field Regiment and spent the remainder of the war in action against the Japanese From the end of the war in 1945 until early 1947 the Regiment carried out a period of garrison duties in India. In Deloai, March 1947 they were renamed 14th Field Regiment and included 1st, 5th and 13th Btys. By the end of the year the Regiment was once again overseas, this time in Hong Kong. It remained there until November 1951 when the Regiment was sent to Korea to relieve the 45th Field Regiment, joining the 29th British Independent Infantry Brigade in the 1st Commonwealth Division. The Regiment remained in Korea until the they were relieved on Christmas Day 1952, by the 20th Field regiment; and then returned to Hong Kong. In Korea the busiest time for the Regiment was during the Battle on the Hook, in support of the Black Watch on the 18th -19th November 1952
Between 1953 and 1971 the Regiment continued to serve worldwide in places as far a field as Malaya, Hong Kong, Germany and the United Kingdom. 13 (Martinique 1809) Battery moved as an independent Battery to the Middle East in 1967. The regiment was renamed 14th Light Regiment RA in June 1967. On arrival in the Far East in 1968 the regiment included 107 Battery Royal Australian Artillery. The regiment was disbanded in July 1971 in the UK.
14 Field Regiment was reformed at Larkhill in December 1984 as the support Regiment for the Royal School of Artillery. Initially it comprised 1st, 132nd (The Bengal Rocket Troop) and 176th (Abu Klea) Battery's. As it stands today, and as a result of further reorganisation, 14 Regiment comprises the following Battery's 1st Battery (The Blazers), 24 (Irish) Battery and 34(Seringapatam) Battery.